Wednesday, August 15, 2007

BAD DAY

It is no surprise to me that this is not the best picture of Brooke. After the day we were having I didn't want to smile either!

My cousin Beth (dads side) invited me to go to Disneyland with her. She also invited my Grandmother since her friend was getting them in free. I was not excited to go in the first place (it was a yucky day) but we went.

My Grandmother was having a lot of trouble walking. We had to take a break just on our way into the park. Once we finally made it to the ticket window, Beth's friend informed her that he had forgot that employees had block out days and this was one of them. We were sitting there ticket less discussing whether or not they wanted to spend the money. Finally, my grandmother bought herself a ticket and my cousin decided to just buy a pass. She however did not have ID with her and tried to use mine. Eventually I had to steal my ID back because the ticket man was putting her pass with my information. Once we finally worked out the ID issue, Beth went to pay but her credit card was over the limit. Mind you about an hours time has passed since we left our car and we were still not in the park. We resorted to using my credit card and she wrote me a check later.

Once we were finally in the park, Brooke was nearly ready for a nap. We jumped on pirates and then Haunted mansion. I figured Brooke could go to sleep after the mansion. Haunted Mansion of course broke down while we were on it and Brooke screamed for a good 10 minutes during the 30 we were stopped!

We ended the day early (grandma could not walk any more) and spent another 30 minutes trying to get through the crowd of fans watching "High School Musical" actors go down the red carpet. It took forever. I was so ready to get home when Beth realized she locked the keys in the car! The rest of our day followed that path.

I also had a group of tourists ask if they could take a picture of Brooke! Weird.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Life is a roller coaster, I always feel lucky to have a day like yours..cause I know something REALLY good is coming around the corner! ;) Enjoy the up, its coming! 1/3 the way through HP!!

Lance and Becky said...

I hate those kind of days, but just know tomorrow's always better right! I wish I could go to Disney Land!

Rick and Janae said...

How do all these things happen to you?? I must be all of JT's bad luck rubbing off on you, at least you weren't driving a mega van ;)

jillian said...

you are kidding! that is the worst day ever...I hate those kind of days.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I think Brooke still looks adorable...even after that horrible day!!!!!! Worrying about your baby makes it even worse!